Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sur Moi


My name is Julio J. Vélez Rivera and I was born in 1994, too early for the 21st century and too late for the 20th. I coursed my elementary education on a Montessori school called Creativo witch I hold very dear to my heart, then I went to a high school called Santa Rosa Superior a place that I don’t recommend to anyone.  Currently I study Biology in the University of Puerto Rico. My biggest academic interest are on the fields of Microbiology, Inmunobiology and Neurobiology, I currently work on the university’s microbiology laboratory as a technician, tutor and investigator. Im the vice-president of the student chapter of microbiology.

 I love to travel and fortunately have gone to places like: New York, Greece, Italy, France, Spain and Turkey, but I would like to go to almost every place on this marvelous planet. For me there’s no better way to learn than to go to a different place and being immersed in their culture and traditions, meeting people, taking in the scenery and the food. As for my future I still haven’t decided if I want to do graduate studies or go to medical school. I enjoy writing, rapping, producing music with my friends and do some amateur sound engineering. I am a very big fans of movies and series, some of my favorites being Sherlock, Braking Bad, House of Cards, Gotham, Hemlock Grove and much more. Also when and if I have some free time I also love to read, mostly in Spanish my favorite authors are Jorge Luis Borges and Bertolt Brecht. Currently I live in Rio Piedras Puerto Rico, but my dream is to live in Spain because of their calmed lifestyle. I have two sisters one witch lives in Mexico and the other in Spain and a great mother who’s a linguistic professor at the University of Puerto Rico in Bayamón. 



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story, is funny your perspective of your experience with Santa Rosa Highschool. By the way, your top picture reminds me of the "los colores de mi tierra" comercial, it's only because the colors hahaha. Is amazing how many places you have visited it shoul be a wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your creativity on your title and the photos through your entries. I really agree with José about "los colores de mi tierra". It's true !!!

    ReplyDelete